My Christian faith is a very big part of my life and my family’s lives – so I am always on the lookout for some really good Christian themed toys. Luckily for me, a representative of the My Little Lamb Christian Stuffed Animal reached out to me and asked me to take a look at their product.
I am very glad this happened, because I am not sure I would have found out about this stuffed animal without their help. There is a need for good Christian themed stuffed animals and Christian themed toys – and I was amazed at how much I liked this toy.
It is soft, well-designed, easy to use once you get the hang of it – and most importantly – it does an amazing job of incorporating the Bible and the teachings of Jesus in a fun/comforting way for children.
So, without further ado here is our Best Christian Toys: My Little Lamb Christian Stuffed Animal Review.
Table of Contents
Quick My Little Lamb Christian Stuffed Animal Review
The first thing we all want in a good stuffed animal is a good design and soft materials. My Little Lamb checks both of those boxes. It is made from a very soft plush hypoallergenic polyester material that is very huggable and will make for some great cuddling time. Plus, the design of clean white fur, brown feet and nose, plus black eye – make one cute stuffed lamb.
Size wise, this is a smaller stuffed animal. Right around 8 or 9-inches long and about 6 to 7-inches in height. Honestly, that makes it about the perfect size for naptime and younger children! They will have no problem taking this stuffed animal with them everywhere they go.
Now what makes the My Little Lamb a Christian Stuffed Animal? How about the fact that it actually a Christian Audio Stuffed Animal that plays four different Christian themed songs, tells 10 different Old Testament Bible Stories, and tells the Gospel of John, Ephesians, Philippians, and selected Psalms to children as well! This is great Christian content that is great listening for children at night and will hopefully provide them with a little extra comfort at night to help them fall asleep with ease. The next sections of our review will give you a full list of that audio content and tips on the controls built-in to the lamb to change the audio content and volume!
I also need to take some time to tell you how much I like the design of this stuffed animal. There is a battery built-in to the lamb that you use to charge it. This allows the stuffed animal to play all of that wonderful Christian content – and when fully charged – that content will play for somewhere between 8 – 12 hours. This battery is built into the stuffed animal so it is easy to access and charge, but it isn’t in a position that will be uncomfortable for children if they are sleeping with the stuffed animal. This battery can be charged with any USB charging cable and has a cable included.
Important Note: this battery back is located in a seam at the bottom of the stuffed animal. There is a little hole next to the zipper. This is meant to be there to make it easy to charge (you don’t have to unzip it to recharge the battery) and it keeps the zipper tucked in, making the stuffed animal that much more comfortable to cuddle with! It is easy to mistake that little hole as a defect – it is not.
But that is the basics of the My Little Lamb Christian Plush – it is soft, cuddly, has great audio content, is easy to charge, made from great materials, well-designed, and sure to be a kid’s favorite! Honestly, the controls are that simple – which is why I’m confident that younger children can learn them pretty easily – I know my 5-year-old did!
The My Little Lamb Christian Audio Plush Controls
It is probably going to take a little bit of time for your younger children to remember the buttons to push to control the audio content of this stuffed animal, but if they can play video games – they can work this audio stuffed animal.
To turn on the audio, simply hold down on the button that is right above the nose of the lamb for a couple of seconds. You do the same thing to turn off the audio. If you just want to pause/un-pause the content, do a quick push on that same button.
When the Lamb is on, you are going to notice a light on its neck. If the light is red, you have a low battery. Orange means it is almost fully charged, and green means it is fully charged. If the light is blinking, that means the audio is paused. It normally takes about 5 hours of charging for the My Little Lamb to become fully charged.
The volume is really easy to use. Hold down on one of the front feet to turn up the volume and hold down one of the back feet to turn the volume down. You need to hold down the buttons for a couple of seconds for that to work – and you will be impressed with how loud the lamb actually gets!
To skip forward/backwards in the audio content you are going to press the front or back feet. Which feet you press depends on if you are trying to skip ahead to different chapters/songs/stories/Psalms when you are in a particular section or if you want to skip forward or backwards to a completely different audio section. There are more details about the audio files/how to navigate in the next section.
It really is that simple which is why I’m so confident that your child is going to be able to figure out these controls with a little practice – I know my 5-year-old did!
Complete List of the My Little Lamb Christian Audio Content
Here is a quick list of the audio content that plays from the My Little Lamb Christian Plush Toy. We should note the Bible verses are in the World English Bible translation, so it will be easier for youngsters to understand than something like the King James version.
- The Book of John – Pleasant Younger Female Audio Voice
- If you are looking at the face of the lamb, if you press the right front foot, you will move forward thru the chapters of John. If you press the left front foot, you will navigate backwards thru the chapters of John. The back feet will either move you to the book of Ephesians or play a song.
- Ephesians – Younger Male Audio Voice
- Front feet move you forward/backward through the six chapters of Ephesians. Back feet take you to the Book of John or Philippians.
- Philippians – Younger Male Audio Voice
- Front Feet forward/backward through the four chapters of Philippians. Back feet take you to Psalms or Ephesians.
- Selected Psalms (Psalms 1, 3, 4, 8, 9, 15, 16, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 40, 46, 47, 56, 57, 61, 62, 63, 65, 66, 67, 71, 72, 81, 84, 86, 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 103, 104, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 121, 122, 125, 126, 127, 128, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 136, 138, 139, 141, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150) – Younger female Voice
- Front Feet forward/backward through the Psalms. Back feet take you to Bible Stories or Philippians.
- Old Testament Stories – Creation, Adam & Eve, Noah’s Ark, The Tower of Babel, The Story of Joseph, The Story of Moses, Story of David and Goliath, Story of Elisha and Naaman, Story of Daniel in the Lion’s Den, Story of Jonah and the Big Fish. Male Audio Voice
- Front feet forward/backward through the Stories. Back feet take you to Psalms or Songs.
- Songs – Oh How I love Jesus, God is so Good, Count Your Blessings, What a Friend we Have in Jesus. Female Singing Audio (very good quality).
- Front feet forward/backward through the songs. Back feet take you to the Bible Stories or the Book of John.
As you can see, that is A LOT of great audio content. This should keep you child well engaged and gives them an opportunity to explore the Word of God.
Final My Little Lamb Grade
There is so much to like about this Christian themed stuffed animal. The audio content/voice quality is phenomenal. The quality of the materials and the overall design of this stuffed animal is very good. I love how this toy starts to teach children about God. I love how children can cuddle with this toy at night and here a pleasant voice talking to them or singing to them about God – and I love how that should comfort them.
All of these factors make this a clear Gold Star toy in my book.
I knew this stuffed animal was going to be good when my two boys started arguing about who got to sleep with as soon as I opened it from the box. And that was before they knew it was an audio stuffed animal. All I can say is I’m very glad I found out about this stuffed animal!
Other Toy Links of Interest
If you are still looking for some other great toy ideas, check out this list:
Hopefully these Christian themed toys and stuffed animal articles will help you find exactly what you are looking for!