We have been very happy with the KidKraft Train Table we purchased for our sons last Christmas, so we wanted to share with you some of the best KidKraft Train Tables that are available today! And there are a lot to pick from!
To make the buying process easier for you, we have put together a comprehensive list of your different KidKraft Train Tables – and reviewed those KidKraft Train Tables based on what we thought are the best options.
Below is a quick reference chart featuring the best KidKraft Train Tables – with a more detailed review about each option below that.
Enjoy – we hope your children have as much fun with their train table as ours have!
Editor’s Note – The biggest complaint you will have KidKraft Train sets is the wooden track pieces don’t lock together, so it can be tedious to set the track up repeatedly once your child wrecks the tracks – especially if you have lost the directions. This hasn’t been a major issue with the set that we bought, but some parents will glue the pieces together to keep them attached. These tracks take some time to set up, but they are a lot of fun once built!
Quick Best KidKraft Train Table Cheat List
We encourage you to check out all the pictures and read a review on each individual KidKraft train table – but if you are in a hurry and just want our quick recommendations, here they are:
- The Best Overall KidKraft Train Table: KidKraft Waterfall Mountain Train Set and Table
- The Easiest KidKraft Table to Assemble: KidKraft Adventure Town Railway Train Set & Table with EZ Craft Assembly
- The Smallest KidKraft Train Table: KidKraft Rapid Waterfall Wooden Train Set & Table
- Editor’s Pick for KidKraft Train Table Design: KidKraft Waterfall Junction Train Set
- KidKraft Train Table with the Best Reviews Online: KidKraft Waterfall Mountain Train Set and Table OR KidKraft Ride Around Train Set & Table
Quick Reference Chart of the Best KidKraft Train Tables
Here they are, the best KidKraft Train Tables ranked and reviewed. If you need a more detailed review on each one – check out the individual reviewed below.The Best KidKraft Train Tables Reviewed for 2020
2020 Best KidKraft Train Table Reviews
1.) KidKraft Waterfall Mountain Train Set and Table – This version is the best seller on most online shopping sites and is an all around great train table.
It comes with over 100 pieces, including hand painted figures and vehicles. This table has a really cool waterfall mountain that has a couple of cave entrances that the train can be driven through.
It does include a large crane that can load boxes onto and off of the toy trains. You also get the helicopter launch pad that includes a wooden helicopter and a wooden plane. There are three included plastic red bins that slide underneath the table – which should help you store all of those pieces.
It is also about 49 inches long, 35 inches wide, and 16 inches high. The solid wooden track is very durable, and a lot of assembly is required to get the table built! The overall design and popularity of this train table make it our #1 Ranked KidKraft Train table for 2020!
2.) KidKraft Ride Around Train Set & Table – This is the most highly rated train table from KidKraft on most online shopping sites. It is recommended for children ages 3 and up and should bring lots of enjoyment. The train set includes over 100 pieces.
This table includes a very fun design that has a mountain, lake, farm area, and even a helicopter launch pad. This train table also comes with a couple of plastic storage bins that can be pulled out of the train table. It will take you a couple of hours to build – you are going to need your Phillips screw driver.
These train tracks are compatible with Thomas and Brio wooden train sets. You will also love the size of this table, which is 49 inches long, 34 inches wide, and 16 inches high. This table will provide plenty of fun playtime adventures and is our #1 overall recommendation.
3.) KidKraft Transportation Station Train Set and Table Toy – This toy is the perfect pick for younger children, or families that need to conserve space. Instead of being over 100 pieces like most of these other train sets, this set is 58 pieces.
It has a plastic track that goes along the outside, and a wooden track that can be set up in a few different ways. The wooden track has a nice number of ramps, and moving crane, and it also comes with an airport, airplane, helicopter, six train cars, and even a bulldozer.
In size, it is 34.2 x 26.8 x 26.2 inches – which is much smaller than some of the other options. It does not have the built in storage containers like the other options do. Again, this is easily our #1 recommendation for parents that need to save space!
4.) KidKraft Aero City Train Set & Table – This is a train table set that we had to move up the ranking for 2020!
It has 85 pieces to it, and I really love the look of it – and it does have some nice storage bins that will help you contain those 85 pieces (well, hopefully you don’t have crazy kids that like to lose those pieces).
It does have a neat city look to it, and it includes helicopter pads, and plenty of ups and downs for your trains to go on. It is large in size, and will take you a little bit of time to assemble. Always remember to leave enough space for your child to walk around the train table during play time!
Size: 51 x 32.5 x 15 inches.
5.) KidKraft Waterfall Junction Train Set – I feel that we probably should have ranked the KidKraft Waterfall Juction Train Set higher based on it’s awesome look – but there are some really good train tables ahead of it.
This train table has 112 pieces to it and two different track you can drive your train on; one track is a plastic one that goes around the outside, and the other is a wooden track that comes with all sorts of fun designs.
You are also getting a train set that has a waterfall, caves, a working crane, a helicopter pad, and all sorts of other great characters and pieces that are sure to keep your child entertained!
It also comes with 4 storage bins that will be needed to store all of those pieces! This track is a lot of fun once built!
6.) KidKraft Adventure Town Railway Train Set & Table with EZ Craft Assembly – So, this is the KidKraft table that has an EZ Craft Assembly – which basically means they cut out the hours and hours it takes to build some of these train tables.
This one basically has a folding frame design that helps this train set get assembled in about a minute of time. It also means you can unfold this train set and store it relatively easily as well!
The train tracks and characters will still take minutes of time to get assembled properly!
Besides this great design feature, the table has 120-pieces, all sorts of fun vehicles and characters, and is an overall great train table.
The biggest reason to buy this table however is that folding design!
7.) KidKraft Metropolis Train Table & Set – I call this “the busiest” of all the train tables from KidKraft. This table has multiple levels of train tracks which can be a ton of fun for children.
The design of the table itself also incorporates a roadway system. There is also a tunnel systems that cars can be driven into, and that multiple layer railway system includes some bridges as well. It is busy – but it’s also a lot of fun. And if your kids are like my kids, tunnels are the most popular part of any train table.
It has a nice storage system built in, a catchy espresso finish, and a solid wood frame. Again, I’m a big fan of the multi-tiered bridge!
The size of this table is really nice as well – 46.9 x 32.9 x 26.8 inches – which is big enough to provide a lot of fun when creating train track adventures.
8.) KidKraft Airport Express Train Table – This train set has a fun airport built into it that the trains can drive by. It also has some really fun twist and turns that can be created with the wooden tracks.
You are looking at a 3 piece train set that also has four cars, two airplanes, and a helicopter. You really couldn’t call it an Airport Express Train Table if it didn’t have the helicopter and airplanes!
This train table does comes with an “exclusive” spiral track design that isn’t available in the other options. It does have over 100 pieces to it, and the overall design is really, really fun.
It is going to take you some time to build, but once it is built, it should bring hours of fun to any playroom. The look of this train table is also a big selling point!
9.) KidKraft Railway Express Wooden Train Set & Table – If you want a train table from KidKraft that doesn’t have just a classic wood look to it – this table might be the one for you!
This KidKraft Railway Express Wooden Train Set & Table has a classic red, white, and blue color scheme, 79-pieces, a working drawbridge, over 13 feet of wooden train tracks, a working crane, and much more! This should give your child hours of entertainment.
There are also two built in storage bins and step-by-step instructions on how to put all these pieces together!
Between the great pieces and the non-traditional wood color scheme, this train table is a real winner.
10.) KidKraft Rapid Waterfall Wooden Train Set & Table – If you are looking for the simplest, smallest, easiest to store train table set from KidKraft; then the KidKraft Rapid Waterfall wooden Train Set & Table would be the perfect one for you.
This is a very basic 46-piece set with three larger train cars, some simple figures, a big waterfall, and an easy to setup track.
There really isn’t much more to this train table, but the smaller size and vibrant colors make it a great option for a smaller child’s room.
It would probably be harder for multiple kids to play with this train table at the same time compared to these other options, but overall, it is a great option.
Not Currently Available KidKraft Train Tables
We will check and see if these KidKraft Train Tables come back on the market, but currently they are unavailable:
- KidKraft Grand Central Station Train Set & Table – This is the version we purchased for our sons, and a very detailed review of it can be read: The KidKraft Grand Central Station Train Table Reviewed. The big difference with this table verses the others is it has multiple heights built into it. The back part of the table is raised up – which allows for you to drive your trains really fast downhill! This version also does not include removable plastic storage bins – but rather has wooden storage areas built in to the front of the table. It still comes with close to 100 pieces – including trains, buildings, signs, trees, bridges, and even a boat. It has brought endless hours of enjoyment to our children!
- KidKraft Limited Edition Waterfall Mountain Train Table – This table is almost identical to the Waterfall Mountain train table listed above. However, the table frame design is different – and instead of having plastic bins you have a built in wooden drawer for storage. It is also a little more colorful than the before mentioned Waterfall Mountain set.
- KidKraft Transportation Station Train Set and Table Toy – This toy is the perfect pick for younger children, or families that need to conserve space. Instead of being over 100 pieces like most of these other train sets, this set is 58 pieces. It has a plastic track that goes along the outside, and a wooden track that can be set up in a few different ways. The wooden track has a nice number of ramps, and moving crane, and it also comes with an airport, airplane, helicopter, six train cars, and even a bulldozer. In size, it is 34.2 x 26.8 x 26.2 inches – which is much smaller than some of the other options. It does not have the built in storage containers like the other options do. Again, this is easily our #1 recommendation for parents that need to save space!
- KidKraft Super Expressway Train Set & Table – This is another fun, city themed train table. It has 75 pieces including a 3 piece train, airplane, and helicopter. You can build multiple layers with the train tracks, and there are fun things like bridges that the trains can drive over. The size is 45.7 x 32.7 x 15.8 inches, which is large enough for multiple kids to play with at the same time. It does not have any storage bins underneath, so a basket or two would be a good idea to keep your pieces organized!
- KidKraft City Explorer Wooden Train Set – This train table has a unique design to it, being circle in shape rather than square or rectangle. The track can be setup to create 3 different levels for the trains to drive on. It comes with over 80 pieces, including bridges, a moveable crane, and much more. It does have two storage bins. A big selling point for this track is the circular shape & multiple levels of train tracks!
- KidKraft Waterfall Rapids Train Set – This is another table that is on the slightly smaller size. It is 25 x 23 x 23 inches – and weighs about 25 pounds as well. It has 49 pieces that go to it – including a 3 piece train, a car, a boat, and of course lots of train tracks. It is made from durable materials, and has a nice square shape to it!
Final Notes and Links of Interest
This is a great list showcasing all of the great KidKraft Train tables that are out there. Hopefully, this helps you find the right train table for your family.
If you are looking for other great gift ideas, check out some of these links:
- The Best KidKraft Kitchen Sets
- The Vintage KidKraft Kitchen Reviewed
- The Best KidKraft Toys
- The Best Scooby-Doo Toys
- The Best Super Mario Toys
Thanks again for reading!